Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Forget Me Please

As absurd as it may seem to some of you, I do not share the opinion of most about funerary arrangements here in North America. I have a very particular idea about life and death and I do not feel the need for my body to be pumped full of chemicals, my face painted (as I really only wear makeup when I'm going out), and than placed in a wooden structure only to be thrown into a grave, OK placed but you get my point!!! Life should be embraced as it can end sooner than we expect or be altered in ways that we may never have anticipated. For this reason I have tried to live carefree. I have traveled when I have wanted to, gone to school when the desire and funds were available and I can only hope to die the same way. Please, I beg my family, don't shove me some place where I can't be free. Burn my body (after my useful organs are given away to the living) and set me free to continue to roam the earth and when my ashes finally settle than I hope it will be for the pleasure of herbivores!!!! The things that I hold most dear to me will die with me-they are my memories of family, friends and the great times and the not so great times. No scrapbook or memorabilia can ever possibly record the amazing things that I have done, seen, and heard. My wonderful presence in this world will be replaced with an equally wonderful presence and to be that is the cycle of life (thanks Lion King!!!! and Phil Colins????)

No comments:

Post a Comment